All you need to Know about Intestinal Parasites
There are many things that afflict us in this earth. They can be annoying, harmful or at time destructive. It could also be anything. There are even dangers in our own home that we do not know of. Some though, are more important than the others for they could be hidden and still hurt us on a daily basis.
Intestinal Parasites are part of these few. The symptoms produced by them are varied and share common ground with many other conditions or sicknesses, thus complicating the process of finding out what it is that is making us feel so weak. A connection that is made quite a lot is that the symptoms are produced by IBS or irritable bowel syndrome. This is the most common confusion presented when facing the parasites.
The symptoms that are recognizable and shared between IBS and the Intestinal Parasites are various. Among them we can find the usual unease, stomach pain, different and unusual pattern in the bowel movements, depression and stress. These symptoms greatly confuse many when trying to pinpoint what is making them feel so sick. This is why recognizing some of the select hints denoting Intestinal Parasites is something everyone should be able to do.
Let’s start with the basics
We have to understand what intestinal parasites are and how we can avoid them before continuing onward. Knowing the origin of a problem is the first way of getting to know it and its weaknesses. These parasites are various small bacteria, viruses or worms that live off hosts.
They are usually carried across food chains, growing in stomachs and taking over until they can spawn more of themselves and spread onto other living creatures. Yet, these leeches are mostly contracted from contaminated sources. The sources can be food that has not been cleaned or cooked properly and water that is dirty or filled with contamination. You could also contract it by coming in contact with a larva directly through the skin, which is a most irregular way.
Now that we know what they are and how they spread, we have to be able to identify their unique symptoms. Many can go unnoticed but are vital to really know what you are being affected by and helping your doctor understand what they need to do to help you. The symptoms that most parasites share are:
- Constant body pain
- Trouble Sleeping
- Sudden Allergic reactions to food
- Loss of Appetite
- Tingling sensation on scalp
- Terrible smell in your gas
- Itching around soles of the feet
- Itching around the anus, especially at night
- Weight problems, sudden loss or gain
- Changing Patterns in Digestion
- Unexplained Nausea/Vomiting
- Skin Problems/Rashes
- Never feel fully satisfied after meals
- Mood Swings
- Terrible and Sudden Stomach Pain
These symptoms can vary depending on the parasite and the person but most of them are always present when suffering from these viruses and worms. There are some that cause more severe symptoms like coughing up blood and what not but are almost never seen. The best way to pinpoint exactly which parasite is trying to make your life miserable is by arranging a visit to the hospital. The doctors will tell you what to do and what to take accordingly after they have done some tests.
Things you can do at home
There are still many things you can do at home though. Most doctors will even encourage you to try these since they are not harmful and could help facilitate the healing process. These aids are mainly natural remedies that can even get rid of some parasites on their own. A few good ones to try are the following:
- Coconut: Many people are still not aware of the magical wonders coconut does for your stomach and well being. The way to use it when fighting parasites is eating some of it crushed in the morning since it is the time when it becomes most effective.
- Carrots: Not only are they good for your eyesight but they can get rid of parasites too, carrots are a must have in your diet. Having them in the morning is also highly suggested and you should see improvements in a week.
- Pumpkin seeds: Used mostly against round and tapeworms, the pumpkin seeds have proved to be effective when wanting to get rid of any problem in the stomach and fortifying the immune system. It works best with onions and soy milk, or really any natural juice. Try things out and see what works best for you.
- This may not be a home remedy but it is an excellent tip to follow. If you are facing any of the symptoms above, try to stay away from alcohol and sugars since they don’t seem to help at all when fighting parasites or worms.
Remember that when going on about your symptoms or what you feel to never discard it as a mere coincidence. Anyone can be affected by intestinal parasites, especially those who eat out more often or tend to travel to many places. The main thing to realize is that you are never fully safe when eating food you have not seen during preparation but it is a risk you have to take every now and then since preparing your own meals every day is a difficult task to manage.
There are some things you can do when preventing the contact of any parasite with you though. Make sure to always wash your hands before eating, try to keep them away from your face and mouth, or really anything that is not food out of your mouth since any utensil could hold these things for a while. Other than that, practice caution when going to different restaurants and pay attention to your body and anything that might seem different or out of place.
However, worrying should never be an option on your list. All you can do if facing the symptoms or complications is treat it as a problem that has already been solved and that will not bring hardships to you. There are way too many things in life to worry about but I assure you that at least this one, is not one of them.